When traveling, whether for work or vacation, you want to look your best when you arrive at your destination. However, travel can wreak havoc on skin, hair, and makeup. What can be done to keep you looking your best? Whether taking a long flight, or simply living your nonstop life, here are 5 secret beauty hacks to look flawless on-the-go.
- Moisturize: Travel, especially flying, is drying to your skin. While it is important to slather on the moisturizer on your face and body before your trip, don’t forget to add a hydrating serum first. Try the Artistry Signature Select™ Personalized Serum with the Hydration Amplifier to lock in extra moisture. In addition, keep a face mist, like Artistry Hydra-V™ Mist in your purse to add extra hydration mid-flight and freshen your skin after landing.
- Hydrate: Don’t forget the importance of water to combat dehydration in your skin and body. Think of it as moisturizing from within. A good rule of thumb is to drink 8 ounces of water per hour while traveling.
- Condense: Carry-on bags are only so big and between clothing, shoes, and beauty products, you need to make tough choices about what makes the cut. Multi-tasking products like the Artistry Studio™ Cheek & Lip Duo are a great way to have save room in your bag but keep your full beauty routine. Artistry Youth Xtend™ Enriching Eye Cream is another great multi-tasker. Not only can you apply throughout the day to keep moisturized, it doubles as a great cuticle cream when you don’t have time for a manicure. You can also condense by going tiny. Pack samples and travel sizes of your products. They not only save space, but you can toss them before packing for home and make more room for souvenirs.
- Prepare: Beauty emergencies while on-the-go can quickly turn into a nightmare if you’re not prepared. Use zipper storage bags to organize and easily access go-to items. Put related items, like hair accessories, together in one bag. Keep your creams, lotions, and liquids in their own zipper storage bag to prevent leaking. Cleansing wipes like the essentials by Artistry™ Makeup Removing Wipes can be a lifesaver. Whether quickly changing from day to night makeup or fixing your eyeliner misstep, they can help save you from multiple beauty emergencies.
- Refresh: After a long day in the car or on a plane, be sure to refresh your look. Pack a mini brush along with a travel-sized dry shampoo in your purse for quick touch-ups. A bold lip color can make you look put-together, even without other face makeup. With with a built-in mirror and LED light, Artistry Signature Color® Light Up Lip Gloss will have you looking glamorous before you even step off the plane.
These 5 secret beauty hacks with keep you looking your best, wherever you are!