It’s a a new year and a new decade!
If you’re like us, your mind is probably filled with resolutions and goals, for the next year – and the next 10 years.
But, if you’re also like us, you start the year with determination, but over the next few weeks, you lose momentum and often abandon your goals by February.
Setting daily intentions can make the difference in reaching your goals. Setting your intentions is a daily check-in to keep you motivated. It’s a mindful moment to keep you grounded in the present. And this time can help guide how you want to live and who you want to be in the future.
Setting daily intentions will you plan out your day, what you want to accomplish, how you want to feel and how you want to react. Give yourself a few minutes this month to try it out.
Want to get started? Here’s how you can start setting daily intentions for a better 2020:
- Start as soon as you wake up: Before you roll over and reach for your phone for your morning scroll, allow yourself to have a few minutes of self-reflection.
- Think about your values: Reflect on your values – what you care about and why you care – and how you’ll incorporate these values into your day.
- Ignore the negative: Try not to think of all of the roadblocks you might encounter today. Instead, think of all the positive things that you will try to accomplish.
- Be thankful: Think about where you started and how far you’ve come. Take a moment to appreciate the journey and the people who have helped you get there and celebrate the small yet meaningful milestones.
- Write them down: Keep track of your intentions by writing them down in a journal. When setting new intentions, review the ones you set yesterday, last week, or last month, and then build on them to get that much closer to your goals.
- Share your intentions: Tell your close circle about your daily intentions and encourage them to do the same. You’ll feel more supported if everyone else is also trying to live their best life!
- Check in throughout the day: It’s easy to get swept up in the chaos of life, especially in the face of challenges or obstacles. Before reacting, consider the daily intention you’ve set for yourself.
Setting intentions daily can help you crush your goals in 2020. We can’t wait to see how this process changes your year and your life!