Last Update: February 11, 2019
Business Center Privacy Notice
This Business Center Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to the personal data collection and further processing by Amway Corp., a Virginia entity with its principal place of business at 7575 Fulton Street East, Ada, MI 49355, and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Amway,” “we,” “us,” “our”) through the Amway Business Center mobile application (“Business Center App”), including while downloading and/or streaming the Business Center App. The Business Center App is an app developed for Amway Business Owners (“ABOs”) and potential ABOs (collectively “you”) to help them progress their professional development and trace the growth of a prospect into an ABO. This Notice explains how we process personal data collected from you via the Business Center App.
Amway respects individuals’ privacy and values the confidence of its associates, customers, vendors and others with whom we do business. Amway strives to collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal data in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which we do business, and we pride ourselves on upholding the highest ethical standards in our business practices.
We evaluate our privacy notices and procedures to implement improvements and refinements from time to time. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will notify you by means of a prominent notice on the Business Center App, by email, or by other communication means prior to the change becoming effective.
When Does This Notice Apply?
We will process personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us via the Business Center App in accordance with this Notice.
This Notice does not apply to personal data that we collect from you in connection with your use of an Amway website. Please read our website privacy notice to find out more about such data processing. The Notice also does not apply to personal data that we collect from you in connection with the provision of Amway products and services. Please refer to the separate privacy notice(s) issued to you on that occasion.
Personal Data We Collect
We collect and process the following information about you in relation to the Business Center App:
Information you give to us: In order to start using the Business Center App, we ask you to give us your Amway ID and party ID, ABO ID and user ID, your password, your email address, phone number, your country of registration (to the extent you have enabled the location settings on your device), image and product preferences and other profile information to launch the Business Center App. Depending on which functionalities of the Business Center App you choose to use, we ask you to give us your prospect and product pictures uploads, and your avatar name. More generally, you can also choose to give us your personal data when you fill out forms on the Business Center App, register for events through the Business Center App or correspond with us, for instance to report a problem in relation to the Business Center App, or when you choose to submit a “User Contribution”.
You may choose whether or not to provide us with your personal data, but the functionality of the Business Center App will only be available if we have certain personal data about you. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, you cannot access and/or enjoy specific functionalities in the Business Center App.
Information we collect from you when you use the Business Center App: Each time you access the Business Center App we automatically collect information regarding your use of the Business Center App, including your Amway ID and password, your content views, device type and operating system you use to access the Business Center App, information on error messages that occur during your use of the Business Center App and your selection and purchase of Amway products.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We process your personal data in order to:
- perform our obligations under the agreement we have with you. The collection and processing of your personal data is necessary for us to provide you with the functionalities of the Business Center App;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- pursue our legitimate interests including operating, evaluating and improving our business; preventing and protecting us and others against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and ensuring compliance with company policies and industry standards.
Where legally required, we will ask for your consent before collecting and further processing your personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To verify your log-in details and enable you to launch the Business Center App;
- To help you trace your professional development and learning experience;
- To share User Contributions you posted on public areas of websites you access through the Business Center App;
- To offer you all other functionalities of the Business Center App that you requested and to communicate with you to provide you with information about the products, services and features we offer through the Business Center App;
- To notify you about changes to the Business Center App and this Notice;
- To allow us to show you relevant content in the Business Center App;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you, and to deliver relevant advertising to you in the Business Center App;
- To review, analyze and evaluate your use of (or your decision not to use) our products and services in order to develop and improve the quality of our offering and strengthen our relationship with you and our other existing and potential customers;
- To ensure the technical security of the Business Center App;
- To ensure that our data records are accurate and up to date;
- To administer the Business Center App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To administer our legitimate internal management analysis, audit, forecasts and business planning and transactions;
- To establish, defend or exercise our legal rights;
- To comply with our legal, regulatory and internal governance obligations;
- For quality, training and security purposes;
- For market research, analysis and the development of statistics.
How We Share Your Personal Data
Amway does not sell, rent or trade your personal data. Amway only shares your personal data with:
- Entities within the Amway group for which it is reasonably necessary or desirable to access and process your personal data;
- Other ABOs, to allow communication regarding Amway products, services and orders;
- Third-party service providers, such as providers of Infrastructure- or Platform- or Software-as-a-Service solutions, software development services, information system maintenance services, record management services or marketing services, social media service providers and reward certificate service providers;
- Third parties that require the data in connection with the sale, merger, bankruptcy, sale of assets or reorganization of our company; and
- Government authorities or other third parties, if required by law, upon official request, or where reasonably necessary to protect the rights, legal interests, property or safety of others or ourselves.
International Data Transfers
We transfer the personal data we collect about you to entities within the Amway/Alticor group, including Amway’s parent company Alticor Inc., and to third-party service providers and other recipients as mentioned above. Some of these recipients are located in countries other than the country in which the data were originally collected. The laws in those countries may not offer the same level of data protection as the country in which you initially provided the data. When we transfer your personal data outside of the country of original data collection, we will protect that data as described in this Notice and in accordance with applicable law.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect the personal data we process against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
We store personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the data (see above under “How We Use Your Personal Data”), usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law. This means that, in some cases, we may be required to store your personal data for a period of time following termination of your relationship with us. Please contact us using our contact details provided below, if you have any questions with respect to our data retention practices.
The Business Center App is not intended for or directed at children (within the meaning of applicable law), and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that data. If you believe we might have data from or about a child, please contact us using the contact details included below.
Your Data Protection Rights
You may have certain rights under applicable data protection legislation and Amway has policies and procedures in place to safeguard and handle your rights. Please contact us using the contact details included below to exercise your rights.
How to Contact Us
If you have any comments or inquiries about this Notice, if you would like to update any information we have about you, or if you would like to exercise your rights, you can contact us at PrivacyOffice@amway.com.